Thank you for choosing McQuay Stables as your breeding source. We look forward to working with you!
We begin breeding on February 1st and continue through July 15th. We collect and ship on weekends and holidays, which is not an issue with counter-to-counter shipping. Collection, on-site breeding, and shipment occurs on the following days of each month:
- February- Odd days
- March- Odd days
- April- Even days
- May- Even days
- June- Odd days
- July- Odd days
** Availability of semen is not guaranteed on any given day. On farm mares have priority for semen. All shipments will be based on a first come – first served basis. This will be determined at the discretion of the breeding manager.
Prior to ordering your first shipment of semen:
- Full breeding fee must be paid before ordering semen.
- Signed contract and mare's registration papers must be on file at McQuay Stables prior to ordering semen.
- A credit card on file or prepayment for actual shipment is required prior to ordering semen. Domestic shipments are $300 each, and Canadian shipments are $500 each.
- One farm pick up by courier is included in the price of your breeding. Any further pick ups are $50 each. If semen is required more than twice on a cycle, pick ups will be $100.
- For Canadian shipments, import permit must be on file at McQuay Stables. Please discuss Canadian shipment with our breeding manager well in advance of your mare's cycle.
** We prefer to ship counter-to-counter on all of our stallions. We believe this increases our pregnancy rates as all semen is better prior to being 24 hours post-collection. We want to get your mare in foal with as few shipments as possible for everyone's benefit! We prefer not to ship FedEx except for in special cases when airport shipment is not feasible. If you feel you need to receive a shipment by FedEx, please call our breeding manager to discuss your options.
** Guns R For Shootin is owned and managed by Humphrey Quarter Horses. Please contact Megan Humphrey at 940-641-1261 for shipped semen details and to place semen orders.
Order your semen before 5 pm the day prior to collection.
It is important that you speak with someone directly to confirm your order. If you leave a message and do not hear back from us by 5 pm, please call again. You can contact the main office line at 940-437-2470 or reach the breeding manager Kelse directly on her cell phone at 940-465-1952. The following information is needed when you place your order:
- Stallion's name
- Mare's name
- Mare Owner's name
- Good contact name and phone number to receive airline information
- Airport for shipment
**Confirmation/cancellation of an order must be received by 8 am Central Standard Time on the day of collection. Please do not consider your order confirmed or cancelled until you speak with someone directly. If you leave a message, it may not be received until after semen has been shipped.
Regarding Frozen Semen:
- Yellow Jersey, Dun Gotta Gun, Gunners Tinseltown, and Hollywoodstinseltown semen is available in Europe through Frozen Partners in Germany. Please contact them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase European semen.
- Yellow Jersey, Dun Gotta Gun, Hollywoodstinseltown, and Gunners Tinseltown frozen semen is available for shipment to Canada. Please contact us to make arrangements for Canadian shipments.
- Dun Gotta Gun semen is available in Australia through Fernleigh Paints. Please contact them directly to purchase Australian semen.
Please let us know when your mare is checked safe in foal. When you call to report that your foal has been born, we will send out your Breeder's Certificate. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. We look forward to working with you!